Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Photoshop Rig & Mecha

So i got a new PC, and i tried to stay below or at $1,500
the main function would be Photoshop, so for the scratch disk,
got a Solid state hard drive and didn't care much about 3d capabilities,
nor the quad core processor.

Photoshop can only use 3 Gigs of Ram in 64bit, if i remember well,
but i didn't go for the 64bit OS so 4GB ram was the way to go.

first test on it was trying some crazy
scaterring + dual brush+ none spacing + texture
BRUSHES at 170dpi , and i gotta say it was very smooth.

I usually work everything at 72dpi cause i like the speed,
with this machine i can finally upgrade to 170dpi for everything
and keep my speed addiction.

Altough, somehow i fear this Rig is not that stable,
yesterday it frooze meanwhile i was painting this image,
just frooze, never happened to me with windows XP
and the same version of PS been using for a while . . . only time will tell.

Here are the main specs:

case: CoolerMaster Centurion 590 RC-590 Mid-Tower 420W Case
cpu: Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 CPU @ 3.00GHz 1333FSB 4MB L2 Cache 64-bit
hard drive: Single Hard Drive 750GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
2 hard drive: 32 GB 2.5 inch SATA Gaming MLC Solid State Disk
motherboard : Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset LGA775 FSB1333 DDR2
Ram: (Req.DDR2 MainBoard)4GB (2x2GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory
Powersupply: 750 Watts Power Supplies (Corsair CMPSU-750TX - Quad SLI Ready
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 1GB 16X PCI Express


Gotta give credit to my wife Kelly who was the mastermind
behind the planning of the new PC, great job baby <3

And now some Mecha partially created and finished
in the new "IL MONSTRO" PC

11 comments:

Andreas Schuster said...

congratulations on the new machine,
as far as i know, photoshop is not able to use more then 2gigs of ram.

this could change with cs4 though.

M said...

Another great mech :D

Darren Quach said...

hawwwt!

enb said...

thats a bitchin suit.

Tham Hoi Mun said...

This is insane Gabriel! Love it!! I hate you!

steve hui said...

another beautiful piece.

Alex Chu said...

sweet works. I love your mechs!

Robogabo said...

Andreas, Ben, Mindy, Carlo, Darren, Ian, Tham, Steve and Alex, I appreciate you guys dropping by and leaving a comment, thanks so much :-)

Gary said...

hello gabo
this is gray from neo.
photoshop CS4 64 bit is able to use more than 5giga. I use it at work with 8 gigs of ram and 5 gigs are dedicated to the speed of CS4(i also work with a 64 bit version of vista).
for now all is well, no freez, no lag, even when i save a file of 700mo it take less than 30 second.
that was my testimony héhé
very nice blog by the way, i will link you to mine soon.

cheers

Gary

Unknown said...

I saw by a webside a wonderful house, in the beginning I though it couldn´t be real, however I went see it and I stood cold when I saw how nice it was so I decided to prove the costa rica investment opportunities and I bought the house. I still don´t believe how beautiful it is.

TopEssayServices said...

Your blog is very nice! Thank you for this wonderful information . i like very much for this article. and it will give the more information from this blog. I also waiting for more than one information this is to get some more processes are available.Thanks for this nice article.
myadmissionsessay reviews